Education expenses to attend an accredited post-secondary institution may include tuition, fees, books, supplies, and equipment required for courses of instruction. FAIM participants must complete 10 hours of career planning activities provided by a FAIM Coach or through College Admissions Counselors.
Eligibility for FAIM
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have earned income at the time of enrollment
- Be a resident of Minnesota at time of participation in FAIM
- Have assets of $10,000 or less
- Deposit savings from earned income
- Have combined income at or below 200% of poverty (see table below)
Participant's income and assets may increase after entrance into the FAIM program.